National Day of Mourning for former President George H. W. Bush Wednesday, Dec. 5

After the death of former President George H. W. Bush on Friday, a national day of mourning will be observed Wednesday, Dec. 5.  West Texas A&M University will be closed to recognize the day of mourning. All federal offices, including the U.S. Postal Service will be closed, and the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq will be closed. The Supreme Court will not hear cases Wednesday.

President Bush lived to the age of 94, surviving his wife, Barbara Bush after her death earlier in April. Bush served as the 41st president from 1989-1993. Before his term as president, Bush served as vice president under Ronald Reagan and was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Ambassador to the United Nations and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Bush will be buried alongside his wife Barbara and daughter Robin at the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library Center in College Station.

The photos above were provided by the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library Center and highlight personal and professional moments from the President’s life and career.

To read more about his life and legacy, click here.

About the Writers
Luke Bruce, Associate Editor

Hey there! My name is Luke Bruce, and I'm a junior. This is my second year on staff, and I'm so excited to work as one of the three radical associate editors....

Macy McClish, Associate Editor

Hey guys, I'm Macy McClish and I'm a junior. This is my second year on staff, and I'm so excited to serve as one of the three associate editors. I'm the...