The online newspaper of Canyon High School

‘Tight schedule’ drill, early dismissal planned for Friday

Tight schedule drill, early dismissal planned for Friday

The school will initiate a new “tight schedule” on Oct. 9 in preparation for situations of heightened local, state and national raised alert status requiring increased security without resorting to full lockdown status.              

Friday’s drill will utilize only portions of the tight schedule. Students should carefully follow specific teacher instructions. The tight drill will end at 10:20 Friday morning at the conclusion of sixth period.

In case of actual implementation, students will be asked to report to their first period class upon arrival at the school. Students who arrive before 8:00 will stay in the auditorium until the bell rings. All vocational and athletic classes will be moved to the main building.

Passing periods will be reduced to two or three minutes between classes, with students moving quickly and quietly to their next classes. Teachers on conference will patrol the halls and watch the exits.

Lunch will either be provided by the school or will return to normal lunch schedule with heightened awareness.  Because of Friday’s early release time, lunch will not be a factor.

School will be dismissed Friday at noon following a 11:30 pep rally.

View Comments (1)