All-school musical auditions Aug. 27-28

Director Kylie Howell reviews a set construction idea board created by theater students.

Katelyn Spivey

Katelyn Spivey

Students can audition for the all-school musical “Mary Poppins” Monday, Aug. 27, with callbacks Tuesday, Aug. 28, both in the auditorium at 6 p.m.

Students will perform a short cutting of a song and, if interested in a lead role, will perform both of either the male or female pieces. Sheet music is available in the choir and theater rooms and can be accessed on Google Classroom using the code u95odjm. Students can join the classroom to obtain information without actually committing to participation in the musical.

Just try it, get out of your box a little bit, and maybe make a step toward something that could be a really fun semester for you.”

— Kylie Howell, Director

“We are really excited to put on another Disney show,” theater teacher Kylie Howell said. “Some of the things that are traditionally found in the film, in the musical are a little bit different, and it just means more opportunities for performers.”

Students will demonstrate dance skills in a short movement call following the vocal auditions on the first day. No dance experience is necessary.

“Callbacks the next day will consist of cold readings from the script, probably some more dance, and then we’ll hear the other songs if we need more,” Howell said. “Prepare for that.”

Howell said she wants all students to know they are welcome.

“If you’re interested at all, it’s a great experience,” Howell said. “It’s an all-school musical, so it’s open to anybody that wants to audition.”

Howell said the cast is big, giving lots of opportunity.

“Just come with a good attitude,” Howell said. “It’s a really, really supportive environment, so there’s no need to be nervous. Just try it, get out of your box a little bit, and maybe make a step toward something that could be a really fun semester for you.”

About the Contributors
Blake Loria, Staff Reporter
Hello! I am a sophomore, and this is my first year on staff. I love writing, and I’m eager to to start a student career in journalism as a staff reporter. I want to be a journalist someday, and I am honored to be a part of The Eagle’s Tale staff. I am also involved...
Katelyn Spivey, Editor-in-Chief
Hi there! I am a senior, and this is my third year on staff and second as editor-in-chief. I am choir president and a member of the varsity and show choirs, and in theater, I participate in musical and the One-Act Play competition. I am a self-proclaimed cat mom to a slightly overweight orange cat,...