The online newspaper of Canyon High School

‘Green Day: Rock Band’ to hit shelves later this year

“Green Day: Rock Band” will be the fifth installment in the “Rock Band” franchise to be released later this year.  The exact date of the game’s release has not yet been announced. 

The game will feature virtual simulations of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool, performing on guitar, vocals, bass and drums respectively.  All previous peripherals designed for the “Rock Band” games will be compatible with “Green Day: Rock Band,” however no indication of specially designed instruments to resemble those of the band members has been announced like those of “The Beatles: Rock Band,” though the idea remains plausible.

No specific tracks have been formally announced, but “American Idiot” was seen being played during the announcement trailer for the game leading to speculation that the track will be available in-game.  Previous Green Day songs made available for download in previous “Rock Band” games, such as “¡Viva La Gloria!” and  “21 Guns”, will be compatible with “Green Day: Rock Band”. Also, all tracks in the game will be made exportable to other “Rock Band” titles except “The Beatles: Rock Band.”

View Comments (1)