• October 16Look for us on Facebook as The Eagle's Tale and on Twitter @EaglesTaleEds

• September 25Look for us on Facebook as The Eagle's Tale

• August 22Meet the new staff under the "about" tab

Filed under News, Top Stories

Early primary voting to end Feb. 26

Early primary voting will end Feb. 26. The actual primary will take place March 1.

Codi Bradstreet

Codi Bradstreet

The Texas primary will take place Super Tuesday, March 1. The results of the primary will determine the distribution of delegates. Early voting ends 7 p.m. Feb. 26.

In order to vote in the primary, a person must be a U.S. Citizen at least 18 years old on election day. Voters must also be residents in the county in which application for registration was made. The application must be submitted 30 days prior to election day, so people who have not yet registered are too late to vote in this primary.

The main early voting location is the Randall County Election Administration Office. Randall County has four other early voting locations including Randall County Justice Center in Canyon and Randall County Annex, Region 16 Education Service Center and Comanche Trail Church of Christ in Amarillo. All locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Feb. 25-26. Some voters, like senior Braden Miller, know which candidate they will vote for.

Only one-third of our population votes while three-thirds have an opinion.”

— Erin Westermann

“I am leaning towards voting for Marco Rubio because he is on the same side as me on most issues,” Miller said. “I have looked at most of the beliefs of all the candidates and what they plan on looking towards in the candidacy. As of now, the most important issues to me are making sure that Christianity is not thrown under the bus and that we stay a prominent part of religious society, and also gun control.

Other voters, like senior Erin Westermann, are still deciding for whom to vote, but still believe that voting is a responsibility of citizens to remain active in society.

“Only one-third of our population votes while three-thirds have an opinion,” Westermann said. “Being my first time voting in the presidential election, I’ve encountered unexpected difficulties when deciding on my top candidate. While there are candidates I prefer over others, there’s not a single one that I 100 percent support. To solve that, I’ve been watching as many debates and interviews and reading websites as much as I possibly can to make an educated decision.”

Westermann said the difficult decision comes with being an educated voter.

“Almost all of my political beliefs fall toward the democratic side, but as of right now, I’m not decided on either of the democratic candidates,” Westermann said. “But mostly not Hillary. I like Bernie but there are a lot of his policies I am incredibly against. By the same hand there are a lot of things that I like about Rubio, but he’s an entirely different candidate, so it’s hard. I feel like if you’re voting right and you’re educating yourself, it shouldn’t be easy. Please don’t ‘Bern’ me at the stake.”