‘The Fault in our Stars’ almost faultless

“That’s the thing about pain…It demands to be felt.”

“The Fault in Our Stars” is a story about Hazel Grace, a 16-year-old pessimist diagnosed with cancer who is forced to attend group therapy in “the heart of Jesus.” There, she meets Augustus Waters, a boy in remission who is undeniably…attractive. Now, I know what some readers may be thinking, “Oh wonderful, another book about a girl with cancer who falls in love.” And they’d be right, but that’s only half the story.

Author John Green shines a new light on the stereotypical life of a cancer patient who reminds herself every day that it could be her last. In this award winning book filled to the brim with metaphors and questions waiting to be answered, Green will surely surprise readers.

This book is for girls or very sensitive men. It easily compares to any novel by the well- known author Nicholas Sparks, yet goes deeper into the mind of teenagers. Though some vocabulary is slightly advanced and includes a bit of foul language, the book is interesting enough that it is easy to look past.

I encourage all book lovers to read this book, to look past the romance, because in all honesty this isn’t a book about cancer or falling in love. It is a book about the plentiful faults in our stars.

About the Writer
Abby Caviness, Staff Reporter

Hellllloooo! My name is Abby Caviness, and this is my third year on staff. Though my height suggests otherwise, I am a senior and will turn 18 on 11/11....

1 Comment

One Response to “‘The Fault in our Stars’ almost faultless”

1. Kendall Tipton on September 13th, 2013 1:29 pm

John Green is my favorite author, and The Fault in our Stars is by far his best novel!

*