The online newspaper of Canyon High School

‘Alice in Wonderland’ breathtaking, incredible

Tim Burton’s epic film “Alice in Wonderland” hit theaters on March 5, 2010. This movie was absolutely magical with an unreal fantasy twist. This is one of Tim Burton’s best films, and it hit $319.9 million in the box office. I personally loved this movie because it rose high above my expectations, and it was very enjoyable to watch.

This film was an adaptation of “Alice in Wonderland” and “Through the Looking Glass,” and it brought Alice back to the magical world of Wonderland. While there, Alice is set with a great duty to kill the Jabberwocky, a monster that has been terrorizing all of the victims of the Red Queen. She quickly makes friends with the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, and the White Queen. The cast of this movie did a spectacular job of creating dramatic effect in this film. Alice was played by Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp played the Mad Hatter, and the Red and White Queens were played by Helena Bonham Carter and Anne Hathaway, respectively.

Tim Burton’s recreation of this honored tale is also available in eye-popping 3D. If you enjoy watching 3D movies, this would be the one to see. The film was rated PG, and for good reason. With crazy imaginary creatures brought to life, the battle scenes are not for young children. However, overall, this movie was breathtaking and incredible, and it is completely worth your time and money.