The online newspaper of Canyon High School

Harry Potter soundtracks stand alone

True Harry Potter fans can identify the main theme of the Harry Potter movies easily, some even within the first few seconds. Even those who are not fans of the movies should give the soundtracks a listen.

Let’s say that you need some music to listen to while you’re driving back home late at night and you don’t have any coffee to keep you awake. Look to the Harry Potter soundtracks, which have many songs that get your heart pounding and can keep you awake on the long, late night drive back home.

Need music to keep you going while you write that essay for English class? The soaring strings and epic feelings instilled by some of the songs, especially ones played during quidditch scenes, can help you get through those tough spots and make you feel excited and focused on the task at hand.

Now let’s say that you’re a writer, and you’re trying to get your word count up on your recent project. You’ll find that the genius of John Williams, Patrick Doyle, Nicholas Hooper and Alexandre Desplat to inspire scenes for your story. The mixture of calming, sad, furious and noble sounds found in the scores can inspire everything you need to elevate your word count.

So if you need music to get you through the day, whether it’s to keep you awake while you try to finish your homework or inspire events in your story or to simply entertain you, look no further than the scores for the Harry Potter films.